Terms & conditions
Whilst we have taken all reasonable care to ensure that the information contained within these pages is accurate and current, we do not accept any liability for errors or omissions. We reserve the right to add, amend or delete information from this site at any time. You are advised to contact us for verification should you wish to rely on any information. All orders are subject to availability. We reserve the right to refuse to supply to any individual or company. All products are subject to availability and may be changed at any time. If your order cannot be fulfilled you will be offered an alternative or given a full refund.
Privacy and Cookies
We are committed to protecting your privacy. We will only use the information that we collect about you lawfully (in accordance with the 2018 GDPR rules).
Next In Line Limited, trading as Kindercare, (known here forth as “we”/”us”) are committed to protecting and respecting any personal information you share with us.
This statement describes what types of information we collect from you, how it is used by us, how we share it with others, how you can manage the information we hold and how you can contact us.
We will always give you the option not to receive marketing communications from us. We will never send you unsolicited ‘junk’ email or communications, or share your data with anyone else who might. We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with selected partners who help us to provide you with the products and services that you request from us. (For example, courier companies who are delivering your items will need your address).
The contents of this statement may change from time to time so you may wish to check this page occasionally to ensure you are still happy to share your information with us. Where possible, we will also contact you directly to notify you of these changes.
What information do we collect?
We only collect necessary, relevant and adequate information for the purpose you are providing it for.
The information we collect includes some or all of the following:
1. Name (including title);
3. Phone number;
4. Date of birth;
5. Email address;
6. Products purchased information (including serial numbers, service reminders and warranty repair information);
7. The date and time you used our services;
8. The pages you visited on our website and how long you visited us for;
9. Your IP address;
10. Your GPS location (where you have permitted access to this);
11. The internet browser and devices you are using;
13. The website address from which you accessed our website;
14. Details of any transactions between you and us;
15. “Live chat” records; and
16. Any information within correspondence you send to us.
How do we use this information?
We will only process information that is necessary for the purpose for which it has been collected. You will always have the option not to receive marketing communications from us (and you can withdraw your consent or object at any time).
There are various ways in which we may use or process your personal information. We list these below:
Where you have provided your consent, we may use and process your information to contact you from time to time about promotions, events, products, services or information which we think may be of interest to you. You can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us at [email protected] or, in relation to any marketing messages you receive, by using the unsubscribe option included in those messages.
We do not share your personal information with any 3rd parties for marketing purposes.
We may use and process your personal information where this is necessary to perform a contract with you and to fulfil and complete your orders, purchases and other transactions entered into with us.
We may use and process your personal information as set out below where it is necessary for us to carry out activities for which it is in our legitimate interests as a business to do so.
1. To respond to correspondence you send to us and fulfil the requests you make to us (for example: service requests, warranty claims, brochure requests or information about specific products);
2. To provide product support and services (for example warranty services);
3. To analyse, evaluate and improve our products and services so that your visit and use of our website, store and customer service department are more useful and enjoyable (we will generally use data amalgamated from many people so that it doesn’t identify you personally);
4. To undertake market analysis and research so that we can better understand you as a customer and provide tailored offers, products and services that we think you will be interested in. We will only send marketing communications to you if you have provided your consent for us to do so or which we have obtained in the ways mentioned in the paragraph below;
5. In some cases we may use automated methods to analyse, combine and evaluate information that you have provided to us. We collect and analyse this information in this way so that we can deliver the most appropriate customer experience to you by tailoring and making relevant all our service and communications.
Processing necessary for us to promote our business, brands and products and measure the reach and effectiveness of our campaigns
6. To send you marketing information from time to time after you have purchased a product or service from us or made a purchasing enquiry, closed your browser with items in your shopping basket or requested other information of interest. We will only contact you with information about our own products and services (and in ways the law allows), which we hope you will like. You have the right to object to us sending you this information at any time;
7. To contact you with targeted advertising delivered online through social media and other platforms operated by other companies, unless you object. You may receive advertising based on information about you that we have provided to the platform or because, at our request, the platform has identified you as having similar attributes to the individuals whose details it has received from us. To find out more, please refer to the information provided in the help pages of the platforms on which you receive advertising from us;
9. To administer competitions and promotions that you enter with us from time to time and to distribute prizes;
10. To contact you when we open or close a store or move premises
11. To verify the accuracy of information that we hold about you and create a better understanding of you as a customer;
12. For network and information security purposes i.e. in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss, damage, theft or unauthorised access;
13. To comply with a request from you in connection with the exercise of your rights (for example where you have asked us not to contact you for marketing purposes, we will keep a record of this on our suppression lists in order to be able to comply with your request);
14. To inform you of updates to our terms and conditions and policies.
We may process your personal information to comply with our legal requirements.
Sometimes we will need to process your personal information to contact you if there is an urgent safety or product recall notice and we need to tell you about it.
How do we share this information?
We do not sell your information to third parties, but we do work closely with third party suppliers who fulfill business activities for us (like deliveries, collections, marketing, events and market research etc.)
We may from time to time disclose your information to the following categories of companies or organisations to which we pass the responsibility to handle services on our behalf: manufacturers or suppliers of products (ie Silver Cross UK Ltd. for direct delivery of furniture) assistance service providers, market analytics service providers, our legal and other professional advisors.
We will also share your information with our authorised suppliers in situations where we need to pass your information to them in order to manage any request or complaint you have made to us. For example, where you have requested a product repair or inspection, we will need to share your personal information with a manufacturer or product supplier so that they can contact you to arrange for collection of a product or direct delivery of a replacement part.
We take steps to ensure that any third party partners who handle your information comply with data protection legislation and protect your information just as we do. We only disclose personal information that is necessary for them to provide the service that they are undertaking on our behalf. We will aim to anonymise your information or use aggregated none specific data sets wherever possible.
Due to the international nature of our business, there may be some instances where your information is processed or stored outside of the EU. In those instances, we will ensure that appropriate safeguards are in place for that transfer and storage as required by applicable law.
There are circumstances where we share your information with our suppliers in order to fulfil orders, transactions, handle complaints or provide you with a service or information that you have requested.
How long do we keep your information for?
We will not hold your personal information in an identifiable format for any longer than is necessary. If you are a customer or otherwise have a relationship with us we will hold personal information about you for a longer period than if we have obtained your details in connection with a prospective relationship.
We do not retain personal information in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
If we have a relationship with you (e.g. you are a customer who has purchased a product from us), we hold your personal information for 6 years from the date our relationship ends. We hold your personal information for this period to establish, bring or defend legal claims. Our relationship may end for a number of reasons including where the product warranty expires, or we have been made aware that you no longer own the product purchased from us.
Where we have obtained your personal information following a request for information, brochure, quotation or any other information on any of our products or services, we hold your personal information for 1 year from the date we collect that information, unless during that period we form a relationship with you e.g. you purchase a product. We hold your personal information for this period to give us an opportunity to form a relationship with you.
The only exceptions to the periods mentioned above are where:
1. The law requires us to hold your personal information for a longer period, or delete it sooner.
2. Where you have raised a complaint or concern regarding a product or service offered by us, in which case we will retain your information for a period of 6 years following the date of that complaint or query.
3. You exercise your right to have the information erased (where it applies) and we do not need to hold it in connection with any of the reasons permitted or required under the law
How can you manage the information we hold about you?
You have the right as an individual to access your personal information we hold about you and make corrections if necessary. You also have the right to withdraw any consent you have previously given us and ask us to erase information we hold about you. You can also object to us using your personal information (where we rely on our business interests to process and use your personal information).
You have a number of rights in relation to your personal information under data protection law. In relation to most rights, we will ask you for information to confirm your identity and, where applicable, to help us search for your personal information. Except in rare cases, we will respond to you within 30 days after we have received any request (including any identification documents requested).
You have the right to:
1) Ask for a copy of the information that we hold about you;
2) Correct and update your information;
3) Withdraw your consent (where we rely on it).
4) Object to our use of your information (where we rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information) provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process the information. When we do rely on our legitimate interests to use your personal information for direct marketing, we will always comply with your right to object.
5) Erase your information (or restrict the use of it), provided we do not have any continuing lawful reason to continue to use and process that information.
6) Transfer your information in a structured data file, where we rely on your consent to use and process your personal information or need to process it in connection with your contract.
You can exercise the above rights, manage your information or express any concerns by contacting us using the details below:
By post: Kindercare, Unit 6 Summit Road, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, EN6 3QW
By email: [email protected]
By phone: 01707 645 403
If you are unhappy with our handling of your concern or complaint, you have the right to lodge a complaint with a data protection regulator.
The contact details for the Information Commissioner’s Office, the data protection regulator in the UK, are below:
Post: Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire, SK9 5AF
Call: 0303 123 1113
Email: [email protected]
Cookies are tiny text files stored on your computer when you visit certain web pages. These pieces of information are used to improve the services we provide to you.
We do have relationships with carefully selected suppliers who may also set cookies during your visit.
If you have any questions/comments about privacy, you should email us at [email protected]
Ways to Pay
We accept Visa, Mastercard and Debit cards and Paypal. If you prefer you can also pay in store or over the phone. There are no charges for debit or credit card payments
Credit Card Security
All credit card numbers are encrypted in the software when the order is placed. They are only decrypted by Stripe who handle all our card processing and we never see the cardholders card details in full. They are not held in clear text on any web site.
Internet & In-Store Pricing Policy
All prices are shown in £ sterling and are the prices for Online purchases only. ‘In-Store’ prices may vary from those shown on this Website. We will normally match our Online prices In-Store provided all products purchased are paid for in full at the time of ordering. We reserve the right to change any advertised prices at any time: If, by mistake, we have under-priced an item, we will not be liable to supply that item to you at the stated price, provided that we notify you before we despatch the item to you. In those circumstances, we will notify the correct price to you so you can decide whether or not you wish to order the item at that price. Previously viewed prices via cookies on your computer will not be honoured and requests to do so will be refused. Sale prices are available only while stocks last.
Internet Price Matching Service
If you find a cheaper price on any of the products we sell, tell us before you make your purchase and we will do our best to match it provided:
- The product is identical (including colour) and includes delivery charges
- The product must be in stock and available for immediate delivery
- The Company/Website selling the product is an Official Stockist of the product and not a reseller or an Internet Only company
- The Product is brand new in the original packaging & not an ex-display item
- We must be able to verify the offer
Please email the Kindercare Team at [email protected] clearly stating the following:
- Your name
- The product & price you are interested in purchasing – please enter this in the email subject box
- The full URL of the internet site offering a better price (NOT a comparison site). We do not match Ebay, Amazon or online only traders.
We aim to reply to your email within 48 hours (Mon-Fri) except around Bank Holidays where it may take a little longer. Upon verifying the offer we will send you details on how to purchase the product at the lower price.
The offer is limited to one per product per customer and is not transferable and must be taken up within 3 working days of receipt and full payment will be required on placing the order.
If you decide to return any item, you will need to notify us within 7 days of receiving it. You will then have a further 14 days to get the item back to us. Once we have received them and provided that it is in perfect, unused condition, complete with all labels attached and any instruction manuals, we will refund your credit/debit card/Paypal payment (please allow up to 14 days).
Please note that any costs incurred returning unwanted items to us are at your expense unless the return is a result of our error. Please email or telephone us before returning any item stating your reason for return. We can arrange to collect unwanted items. Please call for a quote for collection.
For orders made from the UK or the European Union, VAT is included in the prices shown (20% standard items, 5% VAT on Car seats and 0% VAT on Sleeping bags & Baby Clothing). We do not currently offer TAX free purchases to overseas visitors.
VAT Number: GB 607 8392 21
All items purchased from https://kindercarepramshop.com are covered by a manufacturers guarantee, ranging from 6 months to 3 years. We provide a warranty receipt with all our pushchairs, prams and nursery furniture. Warranty receipts can be requested for other purchases.
The original receipt or warranty receipt must accompany any Guarantee claim and the following rules apply:
- The Guarantee is non-transferable and only applies to the original purchaser of any product bought from Kindercare when the original receipt is provided.
- The Guarantee does not cover parts subject to normal wear and tear, such as tyres, inner tubes, foam handles and general fabric wear.
- The Guarantee applies to manufacturing and material defects only under normal domestic use in the United Kingdom.
- The Guarantee does not cover faults caused by factors outside the manufacturers control, including failure to follow the maintenance instructions and user guide, normal wear and tear, inappropriate use such as a single buggy being used for more than one child or the use of any 3rd party buggy boards, accidental or wilful misuse of the product, inappropriate storage methods and or inappropriate cleaning, modification or alteration of the product.
- The Guarantee only applies to the product only and does not cover any consequential losses – i.e. time or other products.
- Any product which is found to be defective as defined within the Guarantee terms above will at Kindercare’s discretion be repaired by our approved service team or the original Manufacturer or we will supply spare parts to you free of charge or the product may be replaced with the same or a similar model to the same or similar specification. We regret we are unable to supply loan products whilst inspection and repairs are carried out but we aim to resolve your problem as quick as we possibly can, usually within 7-10 days.
- Please contact us should you get a problem with any product purchased from us. We will contact the manufacturer on your behalf.
- All Return costs are initially at your expense but provided after inspection the fault is found to be within the Guarantee terms above we will refund any postage charges incurred and return the repaired product to you free of charge.
- Please use Royal Mail Recorded delivery or Parcelforce Standard services which are available at any Post Office for returns (unless you have a cheaper Courier Service available to you). We will NOT refund in full any Premium Postal or Premium Courier services used. Goods which have been purchased or collected in our stores will need to be returned by the purchaser or at the purchaser’s expense.
- If an item becomes damaged due to misuse or accidental damage, this will NOT be covered by the guarantee and you will be charged for the repair and or spare parts. If you have damaged an item accidentally, it is should be covered by your household insurance. In the event of a dispute as to the cause of the failure the manufacturer will arbitrate and their word will be final. Our guarantee does not affect your statutory rights. If a claim is made under Guarantee and the defect is not found to be defective as defined in the Guarantee terms above, Kindercare reserves the right to charge the customer any fees charged from the manufacturer to cover the engineers time, replacement parts and couriers costs. In addition we will not refund any Postal or Courier charges incurred by you.
- Some manufacturers offer extended warranties if you register your product with them directly, so please check your instruction manual for further details.
- Moving parts should be maintained on a regular basis and a lubricant such as WD-40 should be applied to keep necessary parts running smoothly.
How to Contact Us
If you need to reach us, please email us at: [email protected]
Alternatively, you can call (Monday to Saturday 10am to 5pm) on 01707 645 403 (Potters Bar) or 01702 466 472 (Southend-on-Sea) or write to us at: Kindercare, 6 Summit Road, Potters Bar, Hertfordshire, EN6 3QW